- Attendance and Punctuality
- Breakfast Club
- After School Activities
- School Medicals
- Fortnightly Newsletter
- Keeping Children Safe in Education
- Menu of Interventions 2014 PDF
- Additional School Support Plan for Children PDF
- School offer for SEND 2016 – 17
- The link to the Tri Borough Local Offer
- School Uniform
- Parent’s view to Ofsted
Attendance and Punctuality
At St Luke’s we believe that regular and punctual attendance at school is paramount in order for children flourish academically and socially.
The school day begins at 8.50am (this is when the bell is rung and children line up) and we expect your child to be in the school playground at that time. Team Reception and Team 1 children should go directly to the entrance of their classroom.
Registers are marked at 9.00am and if your child arrives after this time, they will receive a late mark in the class register.
At 9.30am the registers will be closed, if your child arrives after that time they will receive a late mark that shows them to be on site, but this will not count as a present mark and means that they will have an unauthorised absence.
Breakfast Club is available everyday from 7:45am to 8:30am. Last admittance is at 8:20am. For further information, please click on the link below to see Breakfast Policy
After school activities
To view a full list of clubs available, please Click Here!
Please be aware that on days where we have Parents Evenings, all after school activities are cancelled.
If your child is absent you must:
- Contact us as soon as possible on the first day of the absence.
- Call into the school and report the absence to a member of staff at reception or Mr Powell.
If your child is absent we will:
- Telephone you on the first day of absence if we have not heard from you.
- Request a doctor’s note if the absence is of two days or more.
- If absences persist, you will be invited into a meeting with Mr Powell, the Education Welfare Officer and the Head Teacher.
- We will refer the matter to the Education welfare officer if a child’s attendance is below 90% The Government, Local Authority and school set target is 96% attendance for pupils in primary school.
- Unauthorised absences may result in a fine.
Every two weeks, St Luke’s publish and distribute a newsletter containing a summary of what the classes have been up to. There is also a section celebrating children’s birthdays as well as attendance, punctuality and golden awards.
To have a look at our newsletters, please follow the link below