For Team R’s class party we decided to make the food ourselves.
We read some recipe books to look for tasty things to make for our class party, then we voted for our favourite items and planned what ingredients we needed. We baked and decorated cakes and biscuits, and made pizzas and sandwiches.
We did so much learning as we had to:
- count the votes to work out what food was most popular
- weigh ingredients on balance scales and say when the pans were level
- observe how the mixture changed and decide if the dough was too wet or too dry
- use our fine motor skills and coordination to mix, sprinkle, spread and cut things
- have good hygiene and wash our hands!