Have another language is such an important life skill and at St. Luke’s we invest in a specialist Spanish teacher to teacher Spanish from year 2 to 6. We aim to create able linguists though our Spanish curriculum who re able to:
• Confidently speak with good intonation and pronunciation.
• Fluency in reading.
• Fluency and imagination in writing.
• A strong awareness of the countries where Spanish is spoken.
• The ability to use language creatively spontaneously.
• An independence in their studies and the ability to draw upon a wide range of resources.
If you would like to find out more information about the current National Curriculum for Languages, you can access the full curriculum here.